WORLD MUSIC ONLINE COMPETITION FOR YOUNG ARTISTS – 2021
Terms and Conditions
Mongolian State Conservatory announces”World Music Online Competition for Young Artists-2021” with support of the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation in Ulaanbaatar. The main purpose of the competition is invite young people to perform best works of art and unite their voices in the online world in order to overcome the difficult times of the plague. The competition is open to all nationalities.
The competition will be held in three stages from June 1 to November 15, 2021.
First stage: Registration and Acceptance of competition video recordings: June 1- September 30 Second stage: Presentation of the competition videos: October 1 – November 1
Third stage: Competition result announcement and the Gala Concert: November 15-December 15
- String instruments
- Wind instruments
- National instruments
- National dance
- Classical ballet
- Music composition
Competition age categories and recording time requirement
- D category. Ages 6-8 (up to 5 min)
- C category. Ages 9-11 (up to 7min)
- B category. Ages 12-14 (up to 10 min)
- A category: Ages 15-17 (up to 15 min)
/Competitors may enter according to their respective age on August 31,2021. For example, competitors under the age of 9 by August 31, 2021 will participate in category D/
Competition video requirements
- The competitor shall fill in the online application form by choice of professional or amateur
- The competitor should perform two works and the recording will be accepted online. The two works can be freely chosen by the competitor in terms music genre and style but should differ in character. /skills, imagination, technique/
- Performance of Mongolian composers music will be encouraged and a selection of Mongolian music is available at worldmusic.mn
- Competitors who will participate in the music composition nomination, may send one work, composed in any music genre. /solo, chamber, vocal music, symphonic music/
- Competitors, who will participate in the dance nomination, should send 2 dance performances.
- National dance: One national dance and One stage dance
- Classical ballet: Competitors in age categories C and D should send two variations, competitors in age categories A and B should send one variation and one improvisation dance
- Competitors who will participate in the Circus nomination should send a video of one performance.
Videos of competitors in dance and circus nominations should be recorded in white light, with no stage decoration. Small tools for the performance may be used. Recording should be done in a fully visible general plan where all the dance and circus movements can be seen.
- All videos will be presented at conservatory.edu.mn and www.worldmusic.mn
Requirements for the recording:
- The videos must be made for this competition only and recorded during the competition`s registration period. /from June 1 to August 31, 2021/
- Resolution and format of the video should be 1920x1080p, MP4 H.264
- YouTube link or Fileshare videos accepted
- The image of the competitor must be fully visible
- The videos should be continued without any editing
- Do not include any additional text on the video, such as name or competitor`s country
- Competitors must feel in the application form posted on worldmusic.mn.
- Registration for the competition will take place between June 1st 2021 and August 31, 2021. Overdue videos will not be accepted.
Competition judges and selection
- There will be 5 judges in each nomination of the competition. Judges are professors and renowned artists from the Mongolian State Conservatory.
- Judges will evaluate the works of competitors in 9 nominations and 4 age categories with up to 100 points. Judge`s evaluation is final.
- Grand-prix– 2 Competitors
- Award to visit Mongolia and abroad, and present their artistic program.
- Winners of the I, II, III prizes will be selected in each 9 nominations.
- Will be awarded with the “World Music Online Competition for Young artists” diploma and participation in the Gala-Concert of the competition.
- Video content of the best competitors works will be prepared and advertised on Mongolian and international TV channels.
All costs associated with the competition will be a responsibility of the World Music Online Competition organizing committee.